Sunday, November 18, 2007

228.4 - Up 4 Pounds

Man, I blew it yesterday. Went 'off-plan' a bit, but I think mostly I had A LOT of sodium, so this is probably mostly water weight and I'm not worried about too much of a stall as a result. Water is not the same as fat, so it's not a big deal if it shows on the scale to me. According to Simeons, just 1 teaspoon of salt more than your body is used to will cause you to retain about 2 pounds of water so your blood can accomodate it.

But, after entering all my foods, spices, etc. into FitDay.com, I found that I had 11,939 mg of sodium. 11,939! Holy crap. That can't be healthy. I really need to watch that.

Luckily,water is not fat - so it will flush out in a couple of days and isn't really a hinderance in fat-loss - but it sure can throw you for a loop mentally if you don't know what happened!

I'll have just plain food today, nothing added for seasoning that has ANY sodium.

No comments: