Sunday, November 4, 2007

How is this even possible???

OK, sorry I didn't post yesterday. I did get below 230, barely (229.7 WOO HOO!) but here's the kicker - Mr. Self-Sabotage rears his ugly head again. I went out last night (something I guess it is best I just avoid altogether until I am done with this - since apparently the will power isn't so great when I am out w/ friends).

I had beer, chicken quesadillas, and various other crap. Well, this morning my weight was 236!!! That's a gain of 6.3 pounds in 1 day. How is that even possible??? My understanding is that it takes 3500 calories to equal 1 pound of fat. There is no way I ate 22,050 calories yesterday. I don't think that's even possible! (although if it were possible, I guess I would be the one who could do it)

So my question is this for any of you out there who might have thought about it:

Do you think that when we gain while taking the HCG that it is really mostly water weight, and then it just takes us awhile to get rid of that excess water - and that is the reason for the "stall"?

I note that there is a section in Pounds & Inches where Dr. Simeons says this when writing about the need to continue for 3 days on VLCD after stopping your injections: "...if they start eating normally as long as there is even a trace of HCG in their body they put on weight alarmingly at the end of the treatment. After three days when all the HCG has been eliminated this does not happen, because the blood is then no longer saturated with food and can thus accommodate an extra influx from the intestines without increasing its volume by retaining water."

This makes me think that when you eat "normally" while HCG is in your system and your weight goes up as a result, you are not actually re-storing more fat, but rather your body is forced to retain an unusually large amount of water until you bring your daily calories back down and it can be flushed back out (usually with a long night of frequent trips to the bathroom).

What do you all think?

Well, it's VLCD today and LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!

-Jeff-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I feel ya...I have gone out a few times and 'cheated' but I noticed that depending on how I cheat determined how much I gained back. For instance, I went out one night, had followed the VLCD all day but I had a 23oz lg Miller lite-not only did it get me buzzed but I actually lost 2lbs. In another instance, I went out at night having followed the VLCD all day but I had 3 deep fried asparagus(taking off the batter) and a 12oz dark beer and the next morning I gained 4lbs! So it might be the water weight but I have no idea...cuz in my case, depending on the beer color...i dunno...Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I wanted to tell you I feel your pain

barskank

Chris said...

I was just reading your blog and enjoyed it. i'm sure you've since realized that the 3500 cal=1 lb of fat is when it's calories being burned. The liquid on your system from the beer, the food weight, and others would equal that 6 lbs. 1 lb of chicken breast is only 440 calories...

highpoint08 said...

Essence Of Argan
Argan Oil
weight loss dog food
diet dog food
Life's Abundance
Argan Oil Benefits
isis-project
pcvfra