Friday, November 2, 2007

Down another 2.6 Pounds This Morning

My weight this morning was 230, a loss of another 2.6 pounds in one day this round, a total loss of 10.2 pounds in 5 days. Need to lose 15 more pounds to meet my 10/22 goal, or an average of 0.75 pounds per day...

It's kind of weird, there is this little part of me - the little devil that sits on your shoulder - that is resisting getting below 230. I haven't been below 230 for years. Many people have a fear of failure, but I think I have always had what is known as a fear of success. Not sure why, but it seems I tend to repeatedly sabotage myself in a lot of areas of my life when I get close to reaching my goals or dreams. Maybe it's to avoid the attention of others, or to avoid placing new expectations on myself that I would feel compelled to live up to. I know I have used my weight in particular as an excuse for not doing all sorts of things for a long time now. Doing this protocol kind of makes you face those things, which is hard - but a good thing.

So, I know today is going to be a challenge - because if I stick to it, I will break through this new 230 barrier that I for some reason have been resisting. I wonder what I'll be like when I don't have all this fat to hide behind???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
reading your experiences is so inspiring to me. I completely understand about the fear of success too.. You will get through that fear and emerge a new person-look how far you have come already!
Hang in there! :)
chris

BizBuzz said...

Jeff! I am approaching this very subject on my blog today. Well, probably over the next few days. It's important to explore because I feel that there are many of us that need to dive into it and see why we do the things we do.

I hope you made it into the 220's today!

Anonymous said...

It's very effortless to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this web page.

Here is my page; coffee pure cleanse side effects