Friday, July 27, 2007

12th 500cal day Results - Down 2 lbs. :)

I guess I'm lucky! After my day where in a weak moment I went off the diet, I expected I would stall for awhile as everyone warned. But this morning, after being back on it 1 day I was down 2 lbs!

I don't know why this is, but here are a couple of ideas:

1) Maybe I didn't gain enough on my load days and still had a pound of structural fat I needed to gain (was up 1 lb after my 'cheat'). I do notice that after my 'cheat' day I was not hungry at all yesterday and am still not hungry this morning like I was before, so this is just a guess.

2) Maybe because I didn't go overboard (I only had a grilled chicken sandwich, fries and 1 beer) it didn't have a lasting effect of more than 1 day (my next morning weight was up 1 lb).

Here is what it says in Pounds and Inches where Dr. Simeons is talking about 'politicians,' etc. who have to attend party functions from time to time:

"...They should take dainty servings of everything, bide what they can under the cutlery and book the gain which may take three days to get rid of as one of the sacrifices which their profession entails.

Allowing three days for their correction, such incidents do not jeopardize the treatment, provided they do not occur all too frequently in which case treatment should be postponed to a socially more peaceful season."

Anyways, I feel fortunate. So, I guess the moral of the story is: If you do slip up, make sure to limit yourself and don't go crazy eating everything in sight. And don't get discouraged with yourself. Don't give up and tell yourself that you have 'failed' again on yet another diet. Get right back on the protocol and stick to it. Whether it takes you 1 day or 4 to get back on track, it will happen and you will be on your way to success again. This program really does work...

No comments: